October 27, 2010

Trusting God....

I came across these two quotes and a poem today, on the blog of a friend-of-a-friend: they are from Nicki Kozlowski, whose blog is: http://mrskozlowskisblog.blogspot.com/

"Then Hwin, though shaking all over, gave a strange little neigh and trotted across to the lion. "Please," she said, "You're so beautiful. You may eat me if you like. I'd sooner be eaten by you than fed by anyone else."
~C.S. Lewis, The Horse and His Boy


"Though He slay me, yet I will trust in Him." Job 13:15


What Will Consume You?

Though the good fight might leave me battered and bruised,
I want it all spent and utterly used.

I think that's the lesson in the steward's talent buried deep,
He thought, "Better to save, to hide, and to keep."

But the master, sore, vexed, cried, "Spend it, you fool!
"It's not yours to start with. It's only a tool!"

No works doctrine here, just a plea for more grace,
To turn from self-preserving and finish the race.

When He calls, may my pockets be empty and my arrows be in flight,
"Here I am! Throw me in! Let me swim toward the light!"

For I want to wash up on that beautiful shore,
Just a few rags and bones and a smile evermore.”
~Author Unknown~

I am so grateful for these quotes and poem, from this friend-of-a-friend, and am prompted to fall to my knees and whisper, "Yes, Lord, I will trust You. I will trust You with my life, my loved ones, our health, our finances, our decisions, our relationships, and our work. Consume all that is not from Your hand."